I have this memory from when I was about 8 years old and my family took a road trip from Ohio to Florida to visit my grandparents. It felt like hours later, but I'm sure it was only 7 minutes into the trip when I asked for a snack. I mean, I was there, the snacks were there, none of us were leaving for awhile. My elementary school aged brain felt it was obvious. Why? Because:
1. It's just fun to eat snacks on a road trip
2. It's just fun to eat snacks in the car
3. I like fun.
1. If the kids are going to eat 17 snacks while we are in the car, I would like them to have some healthy, redeeming qualities
2. The easier the better
To be honest, whether we are flying or driving, I usually bring the snacks from home. My go-tos:
- Fruit - berries in a container or apples and pears
- Cheese and crackers - everybody likes to make a mini sandwich
- Cashews or almonds and chocolate
- Sandwich with hummus, lettuce and cheese
- Easy, grab-and-go, packaged snacks - like ours!
- MySuperSnacks - soft, small bites, satisfying
- MySuperCookies - the SuperKid shape often leads to imaginary story adventures played out or the inevitable moment where someone chomps of their head first. Always gets a laugh.
- MySuperPops - satisfies that delicious crunch and easy to share